1 Day Excursion - "The Secret Samoeng Loop"
Our goal for this excursion is to avoid any city traffic and to find for you the most stunning windy roads around Chiang Mai. Hence we do not follow the “normal” Samoeng Loop. We go beyond!
The roads are mostly easy to ride but there are some steep and technically demanding stretches. You must be able to handle a motorcycle and do not expect to learn how to ride while on this tour.
The tour starts and ends in Chiang Mai, the largest city in Northern Thailand, some 700 km's north of Bangkok. Chiang Mai has great hotels and facilities and is easy to access by road or air - especially from Bangkok International air services also connect Chiang Mai with other regions of Southeast Asia.
AT A GLANCE
|START / FINISH:||Bike Tour Asia Service Center / Chiang Mai|
|NEAREST AIRPORT:||Chiang Mai International Airport|
|DURATION:||1 day riding|
|ROUTE:||Total distance: approximately 160 km's (100 miles)|
|HIGHLIGHTS:||Beautiful bends and twists, Elephants, Rural Roads of Thailand, Strawberry fields and the charms of Northern Thailand|
|1 DAY||Chiang Mai – Samoeng – Mon Jam – Chiang Mai||160 km||100 miles|
|Description||Solo Rider||Rider and pillion|
|BMW F700GS / F800GS||USD 284,-||USD 398,-|
|BMW R1200GS||USD 324,-||USD 438,-|
2 and more GUESTS
|Description||Solo Rider||Rider and Pillion|
|BMW F700GS / F800GS||USD 220,-||USD 308,-|
|BMW R1200GS||USD 260,-||USD 348,-|
- If you bring your own motorcycle the price will be USD 100,- (for rider and pillion USD 140,-)
- Bookings for the peak season is possible only 60 days or less before the tour start. The peak season is from 1. Nov until 31. March
- Full payment is required upon confirmation
- Prices are valid until 31 October 2018
- We accept cash payment and credit card payment (surcharge of 4%)
- Prices include 7% VAT
- A security deposit of USD 1,500 is payable upon motorcycle hand over through credit card in-print (Mastercard / Visa) or with cash. Full amount is reimbursed after the tour (if no damage occurred)
- The tour starts and ends at Bike Tour Asia service center; Service Center Gmaps
INCLUDED IN THE TOUR PRICE
- Water, soft drinks and coffee / tea in connection with lunch
- Motorcycle rental
- Third party liability insurance for motorcycles
- Full First Class Comprehensive insurance for motorcycles with deductible of up to USD 1,500,- in case of damage
- Tour guide on a motorcycle
- Entrance fees
- Tour information package including riding and safety tips, the route and the sights
- Bike Tour Asia T-shirt
- All services not mentioned as included and all items of a personal nature
- Alcoholic beverages
- Travel insurance (cover against cancellation costs, medical expenses, including repatriation, in the event of accident or illness). We highly recommend you arrange an appropriate insurance in your home country
- Riding gear (helmet, jacket and gloves can be rented at the service centre)
In Thailand: included is a third Party Liability insurance and a Full First Class Comprehensive Motorcycle insurance with a deductible of max. USD 1,500,- in case of a damage
This tour has no fixed departure schedule. Any departure day is possible (subject to availability).
Please contact us at: email@example.com
DAY BY DAY
(B/L/D) = (Breakfast / Lunch / Dinner)
Day 1 / Chiang Mai – Samoeng – Mon Jam – Chiang Mai (-/L/-)
We meet at our service center 7.30 AM. Here you will receive a briefing about the tour and your motorcycle. After you are familiar with your motorcycle we leave in western direction and in just a few minutes Chiang Mai seems to be far away. From now on we will follow great winded roads without much traffic for the entire day!
We will visit Thai Elephant Care Center and get some first-hand information about the majestic pachyderms, which unfortunately would not have a future without tourism.
In the laid back village of Samoeng we will have a coffee break. Afterwards we follow Road 4021, one of the official “Rural Roads of Thailand”. We pass small villages and mountainous farmlands. You will be surprised of how many strawberry farms can be found in this area. During the colder months of Thailand is perfect weather for growing strawberries. The picking season is from November until January. We continue on Road 4051 a twisty road up the mountain to Mon Jam which is a part of a Royal Project. Enjoy the breathtaking views during the lunch. After lunch we reach Road 1096 and ride more twists and bends. We stop at a view point to take some memorable pictures and before we reach Chiang Mai in the afternoon at around 16:00 you may enjoy a last delicious coffee. By the way: Did you know that Thailand is also one of the world’s top coffee producers? Please note transfer to your hotel or the airport is not included. We are happy to arrange this service for you. (onward flights not before 20:00) (Distance: 160 km / 100 miles).
Remark: All of the indicated times and distances are approximately.