1 Day Excursion - "To the Top of Thailand - Doi Inthanon"
This short tour introduces you to some of the many attractions near Chiang Mai while providing an enjoyable riding experience on some scenic twisty roads. We will ride to the impressive waterfalls of Vachiratarn and continue to the top of Doi Inthanon, which at 2,565 meters is the highest mountain in Thailand. Along the way you will also see also the impressive Twin Pagodas and a genuine Hmong Tribal Market. Hopefully this will leave you wanting to take a longer tour next time.
The roads are mostly easy to ride but there are some steep and technically demanding stretches. You must be able to handle a motorcycle and do not expect to learn how to ride while on this tour. We ride approximately 200 km’s which leaves ample time for relaxing, lunch and sightseeing.
The tour starts and ends in Chiang Mai, the largest city in Northern Thailand, some 700 km north of Bangkok. Chiang Mai has great hotels and facilities and is easy to access by road or air - especially from Bangkok International air services also connect Chiang Mai with other regions of Southeast Asia.
AT A GLANCE
|START / FINISH:||Bike Tour Asia Service Center / Chiang Mai|
|NEAREST AIRPORT:||Chiang Mai International Airport|
|DURATION:||1 day riding|
|ROUTE:||Total distance: approximately 200 km's (125 miles)|
|HIGHLIGHTS:||Vachiratarn Waterfall, Doi Inthanon, Twin Pagodas, Hmong Tribal Market, beautiful bended roads|
|1 DAY||Chiang Mai - Doi Intahnon - Chiang Mai||200 km||125 miles|
|Description||Solo Rider||Rider and pillion|
|BMW F700GS / F800GS||USD 284,-||USD 398,-|
|BMW R1200GS||USD 324,-||USD 438,-|
2 and more GUESTS
|Description||Solo Rider||Rider and Pillion|
|BMW F700GS / F800GS||USD 220,-||USD 308,-|
|BMW R1200GS||USD 260,-||USD 348,-|
- If you bring your own motorcycle the price will be UDS 100,- (for rider and pillion USD 140,-)
- Bookings for the peak season is possible only 60 days or less before the tour start. The peak season is from 1. Nov until 31. March
- Full payment is required upon confirmation
- Prices are valid until 31 October 2018
- We accept cash payment and credit card payment (surcharge of 4%)
- Prices include 7% VAT
- A security deposit of USD 1,500 is payable upon motorcycle hand over through credit card in-print (Mastercard / Visa) or with cash. Full amount is reimbursed after the tour (if no damage occurred)
- The tour starts and ends at Bike Tour Asia service center; Service center Gmaps
INCLUDED IN THE TOUR PRICE
- Water, soft drinks and coffee / tea in connection with lunch
- Motorcycle rental
- Third party liability insurance for motorcycles
- Full First Class Comprehensive insurance for motorcycles with deductible of up to USD 1,500,- in case of a damage
- Tour guide on a motorcycle
- Entrance fees
- Tour information package including riding and safety tips, the route and the sights
- Bike Tour Asia T-shirt
- All services not mentioned as included and all items of a personal nature
- Alcoholic beverages
- Travel insurance (cover against cancellation costs, medical expenses, including repatriation, in the event of accident or illness). We highly recommend you arrange an appropriate insurance in your home country
- Riding gear (helmet, jacket and gloves can be rented at the service centre)
In Thailand: included is a third Party Liability insurance and a Full First Class Comprehensive Motorcycle insurance with a deductible of max. USD 1,500,- in case of a damage
This tour has no fixed departure schedule. Any departure day is possible (subject to availability).
Please contact us at: email@example.com
DAY BY DAY
(B/L/D) = (Breakfast / Lunch / Dinner)
Day 1 / ChiangMai - Doi Inthanon - Chiang Mai (-/L/-)
We meet at our service center 7.30 AM. You will receive a briefing about the tour and your motorcycle. After you are familiar with your motorcycle we leave Chiang Mai behind us and ride towards the south for an hour on the Freeway before we turn right in direction of the Doi Inthanon National Park.
The first stop is at the Vachiratarn Waterfall, which can be accessed from the road. It is one of Thailand’s most impressive waterfalls, at approximately 80 meters high. Then we climb through beautiful pine forests for more than 2,000 meters on windy roads to the peak of Doi Inthanon, which at 2,565 meters above sea level is the highest point in Thailand.
We also visit the impressive Twin Pagodas built by the Thai Air Force in honor of their Majesties King and Queen in commemoration of their 60th birthdays. We stop on the way down at a Hmong Tribal Market where the villagers trade various kinds of vegetation, fruits and flowers grown on their own farm. Lunch will be taken at the local restaurant. Return to Chiang Mai at around 16:30. We will use smaller canal road through lush farm land.
Please note transfer to your hotel or the airport is not included. We are happy to arrange this service for you. (onward flights not before 20:00) (Distance: 200 km / 125 miles).
Remark:All of the indicated times and distances are approximately.