1 Day Excursion - "The Secret Samoeng Loop"
Our goal for this excursion is to avoid any city traffic and to find for you the most stunning windy roads around Chiang Mai. Hence we do not follow the “normal” Samoeng Loop. We go beyond!
AT A GLANCE
|START / FINISH:||Bike Tour Asia Service Center / Chiang Mai|
|NEAREST AIRPORT:||Chiang Mai International Airport|
|DURATION:||1 day riding|
|ROUTE:||Total distance: approximately 160 km's (100 miles)|
|HIGHLIGHTS:||Beautiful bends and twists, Elephants, Rural Roads of Thailand, Strawberry fields and the charms of Northern Thailand|
Chiang Mai – Samoeng – Mon Jam – Chiang Mai (160 km/100 miles)
We meet at our service center 7.30 AM. Here you will receive a briefing about the tour and your motorcycle. After you are familiar with your motorcycle we leave in western direction and in just a few minutes Chiang Mai seems to be far away. From now on we will follow great winded roads without much traffic for the entire day!
We will visit Thai Elephant Care Center and get some first-hand information about the majestic pachyderms, which unfortunately would not have a future without tourism.
In the laid back village of Samoeng we will have a coffee break. Afterwards we follow Road 4021, one of the official “Rural Roads of Thailand”. We pass small villages and mountainous farmlands. You will be surprised of how many strawberry farms can be found in this area. During the colder months of Thailand is perfect weather for growing strawberries. The picking season is from November until January. We continue on Road 4051 a twisty road up the mountain to Mon Jam which is a part of a Royal Project. Enjoy the breathtaking views during the lunch. After lunch we reach Road 1096 and ride more twists and bends. We stop at a view point to take some memorable pictures and before we reach Chiang Mai in the afternoon at around 16:00 you may enjoy a last delicious coffee. By the way: Did you know that Thailand is also one of the world’s top coffee producers? Please note transfer to your hotel or the airport is not included. We are happy to arrange this service for you. (onward flights not before 20:00) (Distance: 160 km / 100 miles).
Remark: All of the indicated times and distances are approximately.
|Vehicle||Single Rider||Rider and pillion|
2 and more GUESTS
|Vehicle||Single Rider||Rider and pillion|
(all prices are in USD)
- A deposit of 50% of the total price is payable upon booking. Rest payment is due latest 60 days before departure
- Prices include 7% VAT
- The tour starts and ends at Bike Tour Asia Service Center ( Service Center Gmaps)
Due to the lengths of your International flight and the time difference you may have to leave your country a day earlier, subsequently you will arrive one day later back home. Please book your flights accordingly!
Route itinerary and destination may be subject to change in case of force majeure, weather conditions, road conditions and any other significant circumstances.
We are pleased to assist you with the booking of additional nights in Chiang Mai or any other services in connection with the tour! Please let us know.WHAT IS INCLUDED / NOT INCLUDED
Included in the tour price
- Transfers in Chiang Mai to/from Service Center
- Water, soft drinks and coffee / tea in connection with the lunch
- Late model of a BMW GS Motorcycle as per your choice with unlimited mileage
- Third Party liability insurance and a motorcycle damage coverage (details see under “Insurance”)
- Road captain on a motorcycle leading the tour
- Entrance fees to National Parks and Historical Sites
- Tour information package including riding and safety tips, details about the hotels, the route and the sights
- Bike Tour Asia T-shirt
- All services not mentioned as included and all items of a personal nature
- Riding gear (helmet, jacket & gloves can be rented at the Service Center. We do not provide pants and boots)
- Travel insurance (cover against medical expenses, including repatriation, in the event of an accident or illness). We recommend to buy an travel insurance in your home country
MOTORCYCLE DAMAGE & LOSS COVERAGE / TRAVEL ACCIDENT INSURANCE
A security deposit according to the below list is to be presented through electronic blocking of funds on your credit card (Mastercard/Visa) or in cash upon hand-over of the motorcycle. The full amount will be electronically unblocked on your credit card or cash refunded after the tour (if no damage or loss of the motorcycle occurred). For more details, please see Terms & Conditions.
|Motorcycle Type||Security Deposit (all in USD)|
Included for riding in Thailand is a motorcycle damage & loss coverage with a maximum deductible amount up to the level of the security deposit (according the motorcycle type).
Travel Accident Insurance, by AXA Insurance Company, is included in all BTA Guided Tour prices.
Limit of Liability: (All in USD)
|Loss of Life, Sight, Dismemberment, Total Permanent Disability||30,000|
|Accidental Medical Expenses||15,000|
Underlying coverage is in Thai Baht’s and converted into USD using exchange rate 1 USD = 32 Baht
This tour is open for your own private group. Please choose your desired dates - all year round and come with your friends, club or company (subject to motorcycle availability).