1 Day Excursion - "To the Top of Thailand - Doi Inthanon"
This short tour introduces you to some of the many attractions near Chiang Mai while providing an enjoyable riding experience on some scenic twisty roads. We will ride to the impressive waterfalls of Vachiratarn and continue to the top of Doi Inthanon, which at 2,565 meters is the highest mountain in Thailand. Along the way you will also see also the impressive Twin Pagodas and a genuine Hmong Tribal Market.
AT A GLANCE
|START / FINISH:||Bike Tour Asia Service Center / Chiang Mai|
|NEAREST AIRPORT:||Chiang Mai International Airport|
|DURATION:||1 day riding|
|ROUTE:||Total distance: approximately 200 km's (125 miles)|
|HIGHLIGHTS:||Vachiratarn Waterfall, Doi Inthanon, Twin Pagodas, Hmong Tribal Market, beautiful bended roads|
Chiang Mai - Doi Inthanon - Chiang Mai (200 km/125 miles)
We meet at our service center 7.30 AM. You will receive a briefing about the tour and your motorcycle. After you are familiar with your motorcycle we leave Chiang Mai behind us and ride towards the south for an hour on the Freeway
before we turn right in direction of the Doi Inthanon National Park. The first stop is at the Vachiratarn Waterfall, which can be accessed from the road. It is one of Thailand’s most impressive waterfalls, at approximately 80 meters high. Then we climb through beautiful pine forests for more than 2,000 meters on windy roads to the peak of Doi Inthanon, which at 2,565 meters above sea level is the highest point in Thailand.
We also visit the impressive Twin Pagodas built by the Thai Air Force in honor of their Majesties King and Queen in commemoration of their 60th birthdays. We stop on the way down at a Hmong Tribal Market where the villagers trade various kinds of vegetation, fruits and flowers grown on their own farm. Lunch will be taken at the local restaurant. Return to Chiang Mai at around 16:30. We will use smaller canal road through lush farm land.
Please note transfer to your hotel or the airport is not included. We are happy to arrange this service for you. (onward flights not before 20:00) (Distance: 200 km / 125 miles).
Remark:All of the indicated times and distances are approximately.
2 and more GUESTS
All prices are in USD
- A deposit of 50% of the total price is payable upon booking. Rest payment is due latest 60 days before departure
- Prices include 7% VAT
- The tour starts and ends at Bike Tour Asia Service Center ( Service Center Gmaps)
Due to the lengths of your International flight and the time difference you may have to leave your country a day earlier, subsequently you will arrive one day later back home. Please book your flights accordingly!
Route itinerary and destination may be subject to change in case of force majeure, weather conditions, road conditions and any other significant circumstances.
We are pleased to assist you with the booking of additional nights in Chiang Mai or any other services in connection with the tour! Please let us know.WHAT IS INCLUDED / NOT INCLUDED
Included in the tour price
- Transfers in Chiang Mai to/from Service Center
- Water, soft drinks and coffee / tea in connection with the lunch
- Late model of a BMW GS Motorcycle as per your choice with unlimited mileage
- Third Party liability insurance and a motorcycle damage coverage (details see under “Insurance”)
- Road captain on a motorcycle leading the tour
- Entrance fees to National Parks and Historical Sites
- Tour information package including riding and safety tips, details about the hotels, the route and the sights
- Bike Tour Asia T-shirt
- All services not mentioned as included and all items of a personal nature
- Riding gear (helmet, jacket & gloves can be rented at the Service Center. We do not provide pants and boots)
- Travel insurance (cover against medical expenses, including repatriation, in the event of an accident or illness). We recommend to buy an travel insurance in your home country
MOTORCYCLE DAMAGE & LOSS COVERAGE / TRAVEL ACCIDENT INSURANCE
A security deposit according to the below list is to be presented through electronic blocking of funds on your credit card (Mastercard/Visa) or in cash upon hand-over of the motorcycle. The full amount will be electronically unblocked on your credit card or cash refunded after the tour (if no damage or loss of the motorcycle occurred). For more details, please see Terms & Conditions.
|Motorcycle Type||Security Deposit (all in USD)|
Included for riding in Thailand is a motorcycle damage & loss coverage with a maximum deductible amount up to the level of the security deposit (according the motorcycle type).
Travel Accident Insurance, by AXA Insurance Company, is included in all BTA Guided Tour prices.
Limit of Liability: (All in USD)
|Loss of Life, Sight, Dismemberment, Total Permanent Disability||30,000|
|Accidental Medical Expenses||15,000|
Underlying coverage is in Thai Baht’s and converted into USD using exchange rate 1 USD = 32 Baht
This tour is open for your own private group. Please choose your desired dates - all year round and come with your friends, club or company (subject to motorcycle availability).