2 Days Self-Guided Tour “The Chiang Rai Loop”
A great shorter tour to explore some Highlights of Nothern Thailand. The first landmark is Wat Thaton, a magnificent temple with a crystal pagoda just a few kilometers away from the border to Myanmar. Once in Chiang Rai there is time to explore this laid back town, visit the night market or just relax in the hotel. You will take another route back to Chiang Mai. Don't miss a visit at Wat Rong Khun (White Temple), which is today recognized as one of the main attractions all over Thailand.
AT A GLANCE
|START / FINISH:||Bike Tour Asia Service Center / Chiang Mai|
|NEAREST AIRPORT:||Chiang Mai International Airport|
|DURATION:||2 days tour|
|ROUTE:||Total distance: approximately 490 km’s (305 miles)|
|DAILY ROUTE:||Daily distance: 190 to 300 km’s (120 to 185 miles)|
|ACCOMMODATIONS:||Carefully selected quality hotel with leisure facilities.|
|HIGHLIGHTS:||Rural roads, plenty of bends and twists. Wat Thaton, Chiang Rai and the White Temple.|
|1 DAY||Chiang Mai – Thaton – Chiang Rai||300 km||185 miles|
|2 DAY||Chiang Rai – Wiang Pa Pao – Chiang Rai||190 km||120 miles|
DAY BY DAY
(B/L/D) = (Breakfast / Lunch / Dinner)
1. Day / Chiang Mai – Thaton – Chiang Rai (-/-/-)
We meet at our service center 7.30 AM. Here you will receive a briefing about the tour and your motorcycle. You will have time to familiarize yourself with your motorcycle before you set off.
You start your tour from Chiang Mai and after about 20 km leave the Highway and spend the rest of the day on exhilarating twisty rural roads. In Thaton you may visit Wat Thaton a temple which is located close to the border to Mynamar, on top of a hill overlooking the village of Ban Thaton and the Mae Kok River. We recommend a lunch at Maekok River Village.
From Thaton you continue on rural roads to Chiang Rai. Overnight in Chiang Rai. (Distance: 300 km / 185 miles).
2. Day / Chiang Rai – Wiang Pa Pao – Chiang Mai (B/-/-)
After breakfast you may take your time to explore the remarkable Wat Rong Khun (White Temple) which is today recognized as one of the main attractions all over Thailand.
On the way back to Chiang Mai follow the stunning Road 118. Windy mountain roads will lead you back to Chiang Mai. You arrive at our Service Center in the later afternoon. (Distance: 190 km / 120 miles)
Remark: All of the indicated times and distances are approximately.
|Vehicle||Single Rider||Rider and pillion||Single Room|
|BMW||(single room)||(sharing room)||Suppl.|
(all prices are in USD)
- A deposit of 50% of the total price is payable upon booking. Rest payment is due latest 60 days before departure
- Reduction when 2 Single Riders sharing a room: 50,- USD per rider
- Prices include 7% VAT
- The tour starts and ends at Bike Tour Asia Service Center ( Service Center Gmaps)
Due to the lengths of your International flight and the time difference you may have to leave your country a day earlier, subsequently you will arrive one day later back home. Please book your flights accordingly!
Route itinerary and destination may be subject to change in case of force majeure, weather conditions, road conditions and any other significant circumstances.
We are pleased to assist you with the booking of additional nights in Chiang Mai or any other services in connection with the tour! Please let us know.WHAT IS INCLUDED / NOT INCLUDED
Included in the tour price
- Transfers Hotel – Service Center – Hotel
- 1 overnight at a carefully selected quality hotel or resort with leisure facilities
- Breakfast every day
- Late model of a BMW GS Motorcycle as per your choice including daily 300 km (additional km 0,5 USD)
- Third Party liability insurance and a motorcycle damage coverage (details see under “Insurance”)
- GPS with the day to day programmed route
- Panniers and top box upon request
- Introductory itinerary briefing
- Comprehensive tour script with safety tips, day-by-day itinerary, tips of activities and highlights en route, a hotel list and important contacts
- Bike Tour Asia highway map of Thailand
- Bike Tour Asia T-shirt
- Emergency assistance
- All services not mentioned as included and all items of a personal nature
- Entrance fees to National Parks and Historical Sites
- Riding gear (helmet, jacket & gloves can be rented at the Service Center. We do not provide pants and boots)
- Travel insurance (cover against medical expenses, including repatriation, in the event of an accident or illness). We recommend to buy an travel insurance in your home country
A security deposit according to the below list is payable upon motorcycle hand over through credit card (Mastercard/Visa) or in cash. The full amount will be reimbursed after the tour (if no damage occurred)
|All in USD||Security deposit|
Included for riding in Thailand is a Third Party liability insurance and a motorcycle damage coverage with a deductible up to the security deposit amount (according the motorcycle type)
Personal and Third Party liability coverage according to below(all in USD)
|Loss of Life, Sight, Dismemberment, Total Permanent Disability||30,000|
|Accidental Medical Expenses||15,000|
CHOOSE YOUR DATE
Choose your desired tour date – all year round. The tours are guaranteed (subject to motorcycle availability).
For bookings or requests please send us an e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org