2 Days Self-Guided Tour “The Chiang Rai Loop”
A great shorter tour to explore some Highlights of Nothern Thailand. Leaving Chiang Mai behind we head towards Chiang Rai and visit the Wat Rong Khun, today one of the main land marks in north Thailand. Overnight in Chiang Rai, time to explore this laid back town, visit the night market or just relax in the hotel.
After breakfast second day we continue north west towards Thaton were we visit Wat Thaton, a magnificent temple with a crystal pagoda just a few kilometers away from the border to Myanmar. From there we take a road less traveled back to Chiang Mai.
AT A GLANCE
|START / FINISH:||Bike Tour Asia Service Center / Chiang Mai|
|NEAREST AIRPORT:||Chiang Mai International Airport|
|DURATION:||2 days tour|
|ROUTE:||Total distance: approximately 490 km’s (305 miles)|
|DAILY ROUTE:||Daily distance: 190 to 300 km’s (120 to 185 miles)|
|ACCOMMODATIONS:||Carefully selected quality hotel with leisure facilities.|
|HIGHLIGHTS:||Rural roads, plenty of bends and twists. Chiang Rai and the White Temple, Wat Thaton, .|
|1 DAY||Chiang Mai – Wiang Pa Pao – Chiang Rai||220 km||137 miles|
|2 DAY||Chiang Rai – Thaton – Chiang Mai||300 km||187 miles|
DAY BY DAY
(B/L/D) = (Breakfast / Lunch / Dinner)
1. Day / Chiang Mai – Phrao – Chiang Rai (-/-/-)
We meet at our service center 8.30 AM. Here you will receive a briefing about the tour and your motorcycle. You will have time to familiarize yourself with your motorcycle before you set off. You start your tour from Chiang Mai and rather quickly you leave the town behind and ride on the low traffic density road 1001 north towards Phrao. Enjoy a coffee at one of the many coffee stops on the way. From Phrao cross the mountain at Mae Waen, a pleasant scenic ride. Last stretch to Chiang Rai is on the 118 with its wide curves and pleasant hills. The GPS will lead you on back roads to the remarkable Wat Rong Khun (White Temple) which is today recognized as one of the main attractions all over Thailand. From the temple there is only a short ride left to the hotel in Chiang Rai.
2. Day / Chiang Rai – Thaton – Chiang Mai (B/-/-)
You start your tour from Chiang Rai in north direction, after about 20 km leave the Highway and spend the rest of the day on exhilarating twisty rural roads. In Thaton you may visit Wat Thaton a temple which is located close to the border to Myanmar, on top of a hill overlooking the village of Ban Thaton and the Mae Kok River. We recommend a lunch at Maekok River Village, a nice resort a bit outside Thaton. Let the GPS lead you there. From Thaton you continue south back to Chiang Mai. Enjoy the scenery and villages you pass through. Once back at our service center we organize a transfer back to your hotel or the airport.
Remark: All of the indicated times and distances are approximately.
|Vehicle||Single Rider||Pillion||Single Room|
|BMW||(single room)||(sharing room)||Suppl.|
All prices are in USD
- A deposit of 50% of the total price is payable upon booking. Rest payment is due latest 60 days before departure
- The tour is guaranteed (if motorcycle type is available). No minimum number of participants needed
- With 2 Single Riders sharing a double room you can deduct the Single Room Supplement from the Single Rider price
- Prices include 7% VAT
- The tour starts and ends at Bike Tour Asia Service Center ( Service Center Gmaps)
Due to the lengths of your International flight and the time difference you may have to leave your country a day earlier, subsequently you will arrive one day later back home. Please book your flights accordingly!
Route itinerary and destination may be subject to change in case of force majeure, weather conditions, road conditions and any other significant circumstances.
We are pleased to assist you with the booking of additional nights in Chiang Mai or any other services in connection with the tour! Please let us know.WHAT IS INCLUDED / NOT INCLUDED
Included services (Self-Guided)
- Airport / Hotel / Bike Tour Asia Service Centre transfers in Chiang Mai on arrival / departure date.
- 1 night accommodation at good quality and comfortable hotels or resorts, room sharing.
- 1 Breakfast
- Late model BMW GS Motorcycle rental included 300 km / day, (additional km USD 0,5 / km)
- GPS, pre-programmed day by day itinerary
- Introductory itinerary briefing by an experienced tour guide
- Comprehensive tour script with safety tips, day-by-day itinerary, tips of activities and highlights en route, a hotel list and important contacts
- Panniers and top box, basic motorcycle crash protection bars etc.
- Tools & tire repair kits
- Motorcycle damage coverage (details see under “Insurance”)
- Bike Tour Asia Highway map of Thailand
- Bike Tour Asia T-shirt
Not included services (Self-Guided)
- Hotel nights in Chiang Mai (pre and post tour)
- Fully refundable motorcycle security deposit
- All services not mentioned as included and all items of a personal nature
MOTORCYCLE DAMAGE & LOSS COVERAGE / TRAVEL ACCIDENT INSURANCE
A Security Deposit according to the below list is to be presented through electronic blocking of funds on your credit card (Mastercard/Visa) or in cash upon hand-over of the motorcycle. The full amount will be electronically unblocked on your credit card or cash refunded after the tour (if no damage or loss of the motorcycle occurred). In case of a damage or loss of the motorcycle you are only liable for a maximum amount up to the level of the security deposit selected (according to the motorcycle type). For more details, please see Terms & Conditions.
|All in USD||Security deposit|
Included for riding in Thailand is a motorcycle damage & loss coverage with a maximum deductible amount up to the level of the security deposit (according the motorcycle type).
We recommend you take your own travel insurance, including medical and third-party liability, covering motorcycle riding from your home country.
CHOOSE YOUR DATE
Choose your desired tour date – all year round. The tours are guaranteed (subject to motorcycle availability).
For bookings or requests please send us an e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org