3 Days Self-Guided Tour "Famous Mae Hong Son Loop"
If you have only a short vacation this tour is designed to give you an experience that you will not forget! Known as the Mae Hong Son Loop this trip begins and ends in Chiang Mai and is most famous for having 1,864 bends along its approx. 650 km’s, and which cuts through some of northern Thailand's most spectacular scenery.
The first landmark is Doi Inthanon which at 2,565 meters is Thailand's highest mountain. You can visit a village of the Long Neck Karen, a hybrid Chinese / Burmese border town on a lake and Pai the small town that became famous after a romantic Thai movie.
AT A GLANCE
|START / FINISH:||Bike Tour Asia Service Center / Chiang Mai|
|NEAREST AIRPORT:||Chiang Mai International Airport|
|DURATION:||3 days tour|
|ROUTE:||Total distance: approximately 650 km's (400 miles)|
|DAILY ROUTE:||Daily distance: 170 to 300 km’s (100 to 190 miles)|
|ACCOMMODATIONS:||Carefully selected quality hotels and resorts with leisure facilities.|
|HIGHLIGHTS:||Doi Inthanon, Long Neck Hill Tribe, Road of 1,864 curves, Mae Sa Elephant Camp, Samoeng Loop|
|1 DAY||Chiang Mai - Mae Hong Son||300 km||186 miles|
|2 DAY||Mae Hong Son - Ban Rak Thai - Pai||170 km||105 miles|
|3 DAY||Pai – Mae Sa – Chiang Mai||180 km||110 miles|
DAY BY DAY
(B/L/D) = (Breakfast / Lunch / Dinner)
1. Day / Chiang Mai - Doi Inthanon - Mae Hong Son (-/-/-)
We meet at our service center 7.30 AM. Here you will receive a briefing about the tour and your motorcycle You will have time to familiarize yourself with your motorcycle before you set off.
You will start your tour from Chiang Mai and after about 50 km you leave the Highway and spend the rest of the day on exhilarating twisty rural roads. You first stop may be at the Vachiratharn Waterfall - an impressive and powerful 80 m high waterfall.
You proceed to climb to the top of Doi Inthanon, which at 2,565 meters is the highest mountain in Thailand. If you are hungry we recommend a local lunch place in Mae Chaem. You continue to the City of the “Three Mists”, otherwise known as Mae Hong Son which is located along the banks of the Pai River close to the border with Myanmar (formerly Burma). You stay overnight in Mae Hong Son. (Distance: 300 km / 186 miles).
2. Day / Mae Hong Son - Ban Rak Thai - Pai (B/-/-)
If you like you can take a pleasant boat ride on Pai River to visit a Karen Long Neck village in the morning. The Karen, a tribal minority, historically lived in the hills on the Myanmar side of the border. Some of their women wear heavy brass rings around their necks, forearms, and shins. You then set out for the famously chic town of Pai on the beginning of the road famous for having 1864 bends of varying sharpness.
The road passes through some beautiful mountainous scenery. On the way you can add a side trip to Ban Rak Thai if the weather is fine (literally "the Thai-loving village"). Ban Rak Thai was built around a lake near the Myanmar border. About 800, mainly Chinese settled here after the communist takeover of China and some of the buildings have a distinctively Chinese appearance. In the afternoon you arrive in Pai and can relax in your hotel before you can dine a delicious local or western food in one of the various restaurants. After dinner you can enjoy the delights of the Walking Street market. You stay overnight in Pai. (Distance: 170 km / 105 miles).
3. Day / Pai - Mae Sa - Chiang Mai (B/-/-)
A last great riding day is ahead of you of this comprehensive tour. In the morning you complete the “remaining” 762 twisties over the mountains to Mae Taeng. You then drive on rural back roads to the Mae Sa Elephant Camp.
If you like you can pay the amazing pachyderms a visit before you continue your journey. Follow the Samoeng loop and enjoy more twisties. In the afternoon you arrive back in Chiang Mai. From our Service Center we are more than happy to help you to arrange transfer to your hotel or the airport. (Distance: 180 km / 110 miles).
Remark:All of the indicated times and distances are approximately.
|Vehicle||Single Rider||Rider and pillion||Single Room|
|BMW||(single room)||(sharing room)||Suppl.|
(all prices are in USD)
- A deposit of 50% of the total price is payable upon booking. Rest payment is due latest 60 days before departure
- Reduction when 2 Single Riders sharing a room: 100,- USD per rider
- Prices include 7% VAT
- The tour starts and ends at Bike Tour Asia Service Center ( Service Center Gmaps)
Due to the lengths of your International flight and the time difference you may have to leave your country a day earlier, subsequently you will arrive one day later back home. Please book your flights accordingly!
Route itinerary and destination may be subject to change in case of force majeure, weather conditions, road conditions and any other significant circumstances.
We are pleased to assist you with the booking of additional nights in Chiang Mai or any other services in connection with the tour! Please let us know.WHAT IS INCLUDED / NOT INCLUDED
Included in the tour price
- Transfers Hotel – Service Center – Hotel
- 2 overnights at carefully selected quality hotels and resorts with leisure facilities
- Breakfast every day
- Late model of a BMW GS Motorcycle as per your choice including daily 300 km (additional km 0,5 USD)
- Third Party liability insurance and a motorcycle damage coverage (details see under “Insurance”)
- GPS with the day to day programmed route
- Panniers and top box upon request
- Introductory itinerary briefing
- Comprehensive tour script with safety tips, day-by-day itinerary, tips of activities and highlights en route, a hotel list and important contacts
- Bike Tour Asia highway map of Thailand
- Bike Tour Asia T-shirt
- Emergency assistance
- All services not mentioned as included and all items of a personal nature
- Entrance fees to National Parks and Historical Sites
- Riding gear (helmet, jacket & gloves can be rented at the Service Center. We do not provide pants and boots)
- Travel insurance (cover against medical expenses, including repatriation, in the event of an accident or illness). We recommend to buy an travel insurance in your home country
A security deposit according to the below list is payable upon motorcycle hand over through credit card (Mastercard/Visa) or in cash. The full amount will be reimbursed after the tour (if no damage occurred)
|All in USD||Security deposit|
Included for riding in Thailand is a Third Party liability insurance and a motorcycle damage coverage with a deductible up to the security deposit amount (according the motorcycle type)
Personal and Third Party liability coverage according to below(all in USD)
|Loss of Life, Sight, Dismemberment, Total Permanent Disability||30,000|
|Accidental Medical Expenses||15,000|
CHOOSE YOUR DATE
This tour has no fixed departure schedule. Any departure day is possible (subject to availability). If you are interested in this or any similar Self Guided Tour please send us an e-mail at: email@example.com